Whether it’s the daily challenges of being a college student, the impact of living through a pandemic and political unrest, or you’re just having an off day and want someone to talk to, we’re here for you. Drop in when you need it or come weekly to get the mood boost you need to get you through your day. This space is open to all UIC students.
Drop-In Space Expectations
All students agree to the following when registering for or using a drop-in space:
1. I understand that drop-in spaces are not therapy groups.
2. I understand that drop-in spaces are not crisis services, and will call the Counseling Center at (312) 996-3490 if I am experiencing a mental health crisis.
3. I understand that my participation in a drop-in space does not mean I am a client at the Counseling Center.
4. I will maintain confidentiality, including the names and identities of other students in the space as well as any material they may discuss.
5. I will let the facilitator(s) know if I need accommodations or technology assistance.
6. I will participate in a private space.
7. I will be respectful of others in attendance.
8. I understand that threatening, abusive, or harmful behavior will not be tolerated and may be grounds for ineligibility to participate in future drop-in spaces. This includes harmful behavior directed at others because of their ability, age, gender, nationality, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or other identity factors.